- Vimetco Extrusion’s (“VE”) cumulated turnover reached a level of over RON 3 billion in the past 15 years;
- Investments realized of almost RON 140 million in new technology, streamlining and improving production capacity, increasing sustainable use of natural resources, energy efficiency, and employee professional training;
- The current capacity is 25,000 tonnes per annum, planned to be extended to 35,000 tonnes per annum by the end of 2022;
- The total cumulated production achieved a level of almost 285,000 tonnes of extruded products in this period and currently has a workforce of 330 employees;
- Impressive evolving from 5,000 tonnes produced back in 2007, out of which 10% value- added products, to more than 25,000 tonnes in 2021 with over 56% value-added products and very high value-added products;
- Over the past 15 years, Vimetco Extrusion paid over RON 76 million in local taxes.
Vimetco Extrusion, ALRO’s downstream subsidiary in charge with the extrusion business is celebrating its 15th anniversary in Romania. Having as a core value a customer-oriented approach since 2006, the company has constantly made investments in state-of-the-art technologies, high value-added products, qualified workforce and it is seen as a reliable partner by both customers and local communities.
Vimetco Extrusion has been very active in the business environment and participates each year in several prestigious international exhibitions for the aluminium industry. The company is a member of the European Aluminium Association and joined the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative in 2020 as it aims to contribute to enhancing sustainability in the global aluminium sector and achieve sustainable growth.
“As shown since 2006, Vimetco Extrusion will continue to assert its role as a leader in the development of a sustainable and customer-oriented business. Our strategy includes access to the latest technologies available, creating high value-added products and offering the same reliability and stability in product delivery”, said Igor HIGER, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO, Vimetco Extrusion. “The Company’s employees and partners represent our greatest asset, and according to our long term vision we will continue to foster collaboration and innovation and lay the future foundations for our upcoming achievements”, added Igor HIGER.
Actively developing a healthy and robust community, Vimetco Extrusion has proven commitment towards corporate social responsibility actions and initiatives. VE granted several sponsorships to projects with a significant impact on the local communities and the medical system while supplying high value-added products for heliports built on the roof of several Romanian emergency hospitals.